A TEFL course of 100-hours or more is required to teach at a public school, with some programs such as GOE and Busan EPIK requiring a TEFL certification with an in-class component as well. Private Institutes and Hagwons do currently not require a TEFL certificate.
Articles in this section
- Does Korvia Recommended TEFL Course?
- What is Teaching Practice (TP) Components
- How do I prove my TEFL course had an in-class component?
- Do I need to take a TEFL course with an in-class component?
- When should I start taking a TEFL course?
- Can I still apply if I have not finished taking a TEFL course?
- Do I have to take a TEFL course to teach English in Korea?