Can I apply if I have DUI record?

Can I apply if I have DUI record?

While we cannot give official legal advice on the matter, we recommend applying for an FBI identity history summary check before pursuing applying to any particular program. If the arrest appears on the FBI IHSC, then, unfortunately, you will not be eligible to apply for the visa necessary to teach English in Korea. However, if the record comes back clear, then you will be able to apply.

If you use a FBI IHSC channeler such as Accurate Biometrics (, you can often have your IHSC back in under 2 weeks, which won’t disrupt your stated schedule. 

    • Related Articles

    • Can I get a FBI background check while I am staying in Korea?

      Yes, you can. You have to use two expediting services to obtain both FBI background result and Apostille on the FBI result.  1. Print this fingerprint form, and visit a local police station ...
    • Can I use a channeler to obtain my FBI Identity History Summary Check

      Yes. As of 2014, both Immigration offices and educational offices in Korea have started to accept FBI Identity History Summary Checks issued from an official FBI-approved channeler. Korvia recommends using Accurate Biometrics and has a special ...
    • I am an EPIK teacher, how to apply E2 visa?

      We advise you to contact the nearest Korean consulate in advance. Step 1. Verify your personal information on NOA (Notice of Appointment) and ...
    • How can I apply for a criminal background check?

      For more information on how to apply for a criminal background check, please visit the Criminal Background Check Korvia Guide.  
    • How to apply ARC in Korea?

      Here are steps on how to apply ARC in South Korea. You must obtain a medical health check result before applying ARC. The check typically cost around 100,000 KRW, which includes TBPE, and drugs. The drug test checks for all kinds of drugs including ...