E2 Visa Instruction for Teachers Renewing the Contract with their Current Employer

E2 Visa Instruction for Teachers Renewing the Contract with their Current Employer

[ E2 Visa Instructions for  Teachers Renewing the Contract with their Current Employer ]

This visa guide is for teachers that are in the process of renewing for another year with their current employer (public/private school or private academy). Applicants should renew their ARC for the extended employment period within 30 days after the renewed contract commences. They will need to visit their local immigration office in person or submit the required documents to immigration on line to complete the process. If their ARC expires before the 30 days, the visa renewal should be done before the expiration date. 

Step 1: Locate the immigration office that holds jurisdiction over the area where the school/accommodation is. Find the immigration office information from List of Immigration Office in Korea

Step 2:  Check out How to make a reservation in the immigration office and make an appointment at hikorea.go.kr

Step 3: Collect the following documents and submit them to immigration 

You Prepare 
Get from School 
Application Form (no.34 form) 
Passport along with an additional photocopy 
여권 및 복사본
ARC along with an additional photocopy 
외국인 등록증 및 복사본
1 Original and 1  additional photocopy of the contract signed by you and the school
서명 계약서 원본과 사본
Photocopy of School Business Certificate/License
학교 고유번호증 / 학원 사업자등록증
Status form of students 
학교/학원 시설 및 학생 현황표 
Weekly teaching timetable
원어민 수업시간표
Photocopy of school registration (applicable to private academies only)
학원 운영등록증 사본 
1 photocopy of Housing Lease Contract
숙소 부동산임대차 계약서 사본
Confirmation Letter of Residence
주거제공 확인서 
Application Fee: 30,000 ~ 60,000 KRW 
(New ARC card mailing service: 3,000 KRW)
수수료 3~6만원 
Passport style photo (if you need a new ARC card): 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm in size 
Labor Income Origin Collection Receipt (근로소득원천징수영수증) from the school

Foreigner Occupation And Annual Income Report Form (외국인 직업 및 연간 소득금액 신고서)

Income Certificate from the local tax office (소득금액증명원)

Proof of Employment: optional 


Step 4: Your visa will be renewed on the same day you submit the documents to immigration. For a new ARC card, you may come to the immigration office for pick-up in 2~4 weeks. 
    • Related Articles

    • E2 Visa Instruction for Transferring Teachers in Korea (Renewing ARC for New Employment)

      [E2 Visa Instructions for Transferring Teachers] This visa guide is for teachers that are in the process of completing the current teaching contract in Korea and relocating to a new school. Applicants should renew their ARC for the new employment and ...
    • I am an EPIK teacher, how to apply E2 visa?

      We advise you to contact the nearest Korean consulate in advance. https://support.korvia.com/portal/en/kb/articles/the-list-of-the-korean-consulate-s-contact-information Step 1. Verify your personal information on NOA (Notice of Appointment) and ...
    • E2 visa Process for Transfer Teachers (Check list)

      [E2 Visa Instruction for Transfering teachers] This guide is for teacher is a Checklist for what to bring to the immigration office when you transfer your visa.  When you complete your current contract and decided to simply moves to the other ...
    • Renewal with current school

      Contract renewal decision should be confirmed at least two months before the completion date of your current contract. If you are renewing your contract with your school, you will need to sign and review the 2019 contract accordingly.   •For E2 visa ...
    • I received NOA package and apply for an E2 visa but need employer's information.

      When applying for your visa, you may be asked to include a Korean address and phone number on the visa application form. If requested to do so, you must list your Office of Education's address and phone number as listed below. Please do not use ...