E2 visa Process for Transfer Teachers (Check list)

E2 visa Process for Transfer Teachers (Check list)

[E2 Visa Instruction for Transfering teachers]

This guide is for teacher is a Checklist for what to bring to the immigration office when you transfer your visa. 
When you complete your current contract and decided to simply moves to the other employer, You can transfer your E2 visa under a new employer's sponsor.

It has to be reported within 15 days after you start the new employment and has to be reported anytime before your Current ARC expires as well. 
You must book the immigration office to apply, so check out how to book the immigration office first, 

Documents list
Application Form (Report Form)

Application form Employer Change

Passport along with photo copy of it

ARC along with photo copy of it

1 Both party signed Contract

Photocopy of School business certificate

Form of School's students' status

Weekly teaching time table

Photo copy of Housing Contract

Confirmation Letter for the Accomodation Residency

Application Fee (60,000 ~ 130,000 KRW) 

Official Income Statement (tax record) form


Sometimes extra documents required to be submitted based on the reasons below, 

A. If you are current EPIK or TALK teacher who never submitted Apostilled Degree and CRC, they will request you to submit the original copy that you have given from the board of education. 
B. If you are not completing a Contract, you will be required the original release letter from the current employer. 
C .  If you are applying for E2 visa from other types of visa (like D10, H2, SOFA), you will be required the original Sealed Medical check result 

D. if your housing is not provided from the employer, you need to prepare housing contract and Accommodation residency form (거주제공확인서) 
E. Official income Statement (납세증명서) can be asked from your current employer at the end of the contract

    • Related Articles

    • E2 Medical Check / Health Check in Korea

      The Health Check will follow shortly after your arrival (it should be done within 3 months of your arrival according to immigration laws). The check typically costs around 100,000 KRW, which is an expense you will have to pay, and it examines TBPE ...
    • I am an EPIK teacher, how to apply E2 visa?

      We advise you to contact the nearest Korean consulate in advance. https://support.korvia.com/portal/en/kb/articles/the-list-of-the-korean-consulate-s-contact-information Step 1. Verify your personal information on NOA (Notice of Appointment) and ...
    • E2 Visa Application Documents

      After getting the visa confirmation number from the immigration office in Korea, you are required to submit the following documents to the Korean embassy/consulate in the jurisdiction of your area (usually your permanent address) in order to apply ...
    • Canadian Criminal Background (RCMP) check search _ Korvia Guide

      In Canada, CRC (Criminal Record Check) is handled by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). This will determine if an individual has a criminal record, meaning if he/she has been charged or convicted of a crime. There are two ways to check your ...
    • Where to get Tuberculosis Examination for Visa Process (South African Applicants)

      South Africans applying for a visa for more than 90 days to travel to South Korea must undergo a tuberculosis examination as a mandatory requirement within 90 days prior to applying for the visa. This is in line with South Korea's efforts to prevent ...