I am an F visa holder and moved to a new place my employer provides. Do I have to report it to the immigration or another authority?

I am an F visa holder and moved to a new place my employer provides. Do I have to report it to the immigration or another authority?

- Yes, you have to. It should be within 14 days of when you move, or you get fined. You need to file a move-in report to the head of the city(시)/county(군) /district(구), or the head of the immigration service office with jurisdiction over the new place of residence. 

- Required Documents 
  Passport, Residence registration card (거소신고증), Proof of the place of residence (Housing lease contract copy & Confirmation of residence 거주숙소제공확인서), Application 

- How to do 
  (1) In-person application: Visit the General Affairs Division of the city/county/district office (민원실). Fill out the application and submit it along with the other documents.
  (2) Online application: E-application is available on hikorea.go.kr. Submit it along with scans of the required documents and pay a filing fee online with a credit card. 

    • Related Articles

    • 거소신고증 신청 / Residence Registration Card Application

      F4 비자로 한국에 입국한 교포 원어민 강사는 입국 후 90일 이내, 출입국 사무소를 통하여 거소신고를 하여야 합니다. 관할 출입국 사무소를 방문하여 국내 체류지와 근무처를 신고하고, 거소신고증이라는 국내 신분증을 신청하게 됩니다.  거소신고증(Residence Registration Card)는 E2원어민들이 신청하는 외국인 등록증(ARC/Alien Registration Card)와 유사하나, F4비자 소지자의 경우, 일반적으로 최소 2년의 ...
    • Korean ID Application Process for F visa holders (Resident Registration Card / 거소신고증)

      F Visa holders must apply Residence Registration card (거소신고증) after your arrival.  by the time you are applying your ID, they also request the same documents which you may already submit to the Korean consulate for visa permission. Make sure you are ...
    • I changed my address, do I have to report to immigration office?

      Yes, Every Foreign Residents should report the change of address within 14 days of the moving date, or you will get fined.  You can either report your change of residence to the immigration office or district (gu) office for that. these are the ...
    • I am an EPIK teacher, how to apply E2 visa?

      We advise you to contact the nearest Korean consulate in advance. https://support.korvia.com/portal/en/kb/articles/the-list-of-the-korean-consulate-s-contact-information Step 1. Verify your personal information on NOA (Notice of Appointment) and ...
    • How to make an online reservation for the immigration office

      Since 2017, the Korean immigration office only offers the service for those who made a reservation in advance. You need to make a reservation to apply for your Alien Registration Card or to transfer/extend your visa, etc. It is a simple process to ...