Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining an E2 Visa for Teaching English in South Korea

The list of the Korean Consulate's contact information

Those coming to South Korea for the first time or so to teach English will need to obtain an E2 visa from abroad. This process can take up to 4 weeks to complete; 2 weeks to process on the Korean side, and another 2 weeks to process in your country. The process can be expedited by visiting your local Korean consulate in person or mail it in via express mail if a consulate is too far away to visit in person. Once your visa is ready, you can specify (at the time of application) whether you would like to pick it back up in person or have it mailed to your house. 


- Please find the nearest Korean Consulate to where you live. 

- Contact the Korean Consulate that you are going to apply for your visa at and inquire the required documents you need to submit for your E2 visa application by either calling them or checking their website.
(Different consulates may require different visa documents, so please make sure to double check with them.) Please keep in mind that your area might be under a certain Korean Consulate's jurisdiction. 


Below is the list of the Korean Consulate's contact information:

* United States 

Consulate- General





Washington D.C.

2320 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 200008

T: (202) 939-5663
(202) 939-5660

F: (202) 342-1597

Washington D.C., Maryland,
Virginia, West Virginia

New York

Main Office: 335 E. 45th St. (4th Fl.) New York, NY 10017

Public Office (Visa Section): 460 Park Ave. (57th St.) 6th Fl.

New York, NY 10022





Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey,
New York, Pennsylvania

San Francisco

3500 Clay Street San Francisco, CA 94118

T:(415) 921-2251

F:(415) 921-5946


Northern California, Utah, Wyoming

Los Angeles

3243 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010

T:(213) 385-9300

F:(213) 385-1849

Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, South California


One Gateway Center 2nd Fl. Newton, MA 02458

T:(617) 641-2830

F:(617) 641-2831

New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont


NBC Tower Suite 2700, 455 North City Front Plaza Dr. Chicago, IL 60611

T:(312) 822-9485

F:(312) 822-9849

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin


2033 Sixth Ave., #1125 Seattle, WA 98121

T:(206) 441-1011

F:(206) 441-7912

Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington


229 Peachtree St., Suite 500 International Tower

Atlanta, GA 30303

T:(404) 522-1611

F:(404) 521-3169

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virgin Islands


1990 Post Oak Blvd., #1250 Houston, TX 77056

T:(713) 961-0186

F:(713) 961-3340

Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma,
Mississippi, Texas


2756 Pali Highway Honolulu, HI 96817

T:(808) 595-6109

F:(808) 595-3046

American Samoa, Hawaii

125C Tun Jose Camacho St., Tamuning, Guam 96913
T:(671) 647-6488
F:(671) 649-1336
Guam, Northern Mariana Islands
800 E. Diamond Blvd. STE 3-695 Anchorage, AK 99515
T:(907) 339-7955
F:(671) 907-0411
14001 Dallas Parkway Suite, 450 Dallas, TX 75240
T:(972) 701-0180
F:(972) 701-0183
Texas DFW (Dallas, Fort Worth)


Consulate -General






150 Boteler Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (K1N 5A6)

T: (613) 244-5010

F: (613) 244-5034

Greater Ottawa Area, Gatineau

http://can-/ am/can- ottawa/main/index.jsp


1250 Rene- Levesque Boulevard West, Suite 3600, Montreal (H3B 4W8)

T: (514) 845-2555 F: (514) 845-1119

Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Newfoundland

http://can-/ h/am/can- montreal/main/index.jsp


555 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario, (M4V 2J7)

T: (416) 920-3809 F: (416) 924-7305

Ontario (Except Ottawa) and Manitoba

http://can-/ /am/can- toronto/main/index.jsp


1600-1090 Georgia Street West, Vancouver, British Columbia (V6E 3V7)

T: (604) 681-9581

F: (604) 681-4864

British Columbia BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, NW and Nunavut Territories

http://can-/ sh/am/can- vancouver/main/index.jsp


* United Kingdom 

Consulate -General






1st Floor, Heron House, 10 Dean Farrar Street,

SW1H0DX, London, United Kingdom

T: +44 02078116098


* Ireland 

Consulate -General






72 Merrion Square South, Dublin 2, D02 TW54

T: +353 1 609 9111 / 9124 / 9125
F: +353 1 609 9126


* Australia 

Consulate -General






113 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla ACT 2600

T: 2 6270-4100

F: 2 6273-4839



St. James Center Level 13, 111 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000

T: 2 9210-0200

F: 2 9210-0202

New South Wales, Queensland, and the Northern Territory


Level 10, 636 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 2004

T: 3 9533-3800

F: 3 9533-3801



* New Zealand

Consulate -General






11th Floor, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington 6011

T: 4 473-9073

F: 4 472-386


http://nzl-/ nzl-wellington/main/index.jsp


Level 12, Tower 1, 205 Queen Street, Auckland Central

T: 9 379-0818

F: 9 373-3340



* South Africa

Consulate -General





Pretoria Embassy

265 Melk St, Nieuw Muckleneuk, Pretoria, 0181, South Africa

T: +27 12 460 2508

F: +27-12-762-3995



The general required documents for the final VISA process are the following: 

* For EPIK Applicants ONLY (those with a Notice of Appointment from an Education Office)

- Valid Passport & 1 photocopy of the personal data page 

- Completed Visa Application Form

- One Passport Photo attached to the Visa Application

- Original Notice of Appointment & Photocopy

- Employment Contract

- Self-Addressed Prepaid Envelope (for return of the passport by mail)

- Cash (for visiting in-person) or Money Order (for mailing-in) for the amount specified at the following Visa Fee Table. 


* For GEPIK & Private School & Hagwon Applicants ONLY (those with a Visa Issuance Number from a school)

- Valid Passport & 1 photocopy of the personal data page 

- Completed Visa Application Form

- One Passport Photo attached to the Visa Application

- Self-Addressed Prepaid Envelope (for return of the passport by mail)

- Cash (for visiting in-person) or Money Order (for mailing-in) for the amount specified at the following Visa Fee Table. 


** CANADIAN APPLICANTS ONLY: Canadian applicants will need to have one more set of sealed university transcripts as this is a requirement by Canadian Korean Consulates. 

** IMPORTANT: We advise that all applicants contact their local Korean Consulate to inquire about exactly what documents they will need to obtain their visa. Document requirements can vary from country to country as well as from the consulate to the consulate. 


* Visa Fee Table: Cash when visiting or Money order when mailing your documents. Please check the price below:

Country Visa Fee
United States 45 USD
Canada 55 CAD
United Kingdom 80 GBP
Ireland 45 EUR
South Africa 350 RAND
Australia 75 AUD
New Zealand 75 NZD

- For all other visa fees and more information about the process at a specific consulate please inquire at the official website of your local Korean Consulate above. 

* IMPORTANT: If you plan to have your passport/visa mailed back to you, please include a self-address return envelope. Prices may vary, so please check with your local carrier. 

- On average it will take approximately 5 business days from when the consulate receives your request (not including shipping time). We strongly recommend using a trackable overnight carrier to send your visa documents to the consulate. 

    • Related Articles

    • Korean Citizenship Status Check

      Korean Nationality Status Check Guideline 1. How to Know Whether You Have Korean Citizenship Regardless of your birthplace and current citizenship, if your father was a Korean citizen or a Permanent Resident of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New ...
    • Canadian Criminal Background (RCMP) check search _ Korvia Guide

      In Canada, CRC (Criminal Record Check) is handled by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). This will determine if an individual has a criminal record, meaning if he/she has been charged or convicted of a crime. There are two ways to check your ...
    • I received NOA package and apply for an E2 visa but need employer's information.

      When applying for your visa, you may be asked to include a Korean address and phone number on the visa application form. If requested to do so, you must list your Office of Education's address and phone number as listed below. Please do not use ...
    • How to Apply F4 visa from Overseas Korean consulate

      General Information  Overseas Korean Visa is a multiple entry visa valid for 5 years and the sojourn period for 2 years.  The F-4 Visa holder should apply for a Resident Card(거소증) at the local Immigration Office in Korea before 90 days. ...
    • How to Apply E2 visa from Korean consulate in China

      There are increasing numbers of applicants who are currently in China and wish to move their jobs in Korea. Korean consulate in China seems not too familiar issuing Korean working permit to those Non-Chinese applicants.  This is the information that ...